ADD Centre & Biofeedback Institute of Toronto
50 Village Centre Place
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1V9
COVID 19 Gradual Reopening Procedures
The ADD Centre is committed to protecting the health of our clients and staff during this COVID-19 Pandemic. Our aim with respect to reopening has been to take a cautious approach as we are aware there are still active cases in the community. We appreciate your patience as we address this matter and implement health and safety procedures. COVID-19 is highly contagious, and many people can be infected without knowing it, yet still pass on the infection to others. To protect our clients and staff, we have enhanced our health and safety protocols. We will only run one session in the office at a time and appointments will not run back to back to avoid any contact between clients. We will continue to provide parts of our assessments by phone and virtual appointments as well as conduct single channel training remotely. We have been very pleased with our remote program outcomes and clients who have participated in these programs have provided us with positive feedback. Many clients have expressed that they wish to resume training remotely when the centre reopens and this will certainly continue to be available.
As sessions start to resume in office there will be additional steps for you to take prior to entering our centres.
These steps include:
- Self-Check before entering the Centre: If you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 [i.e., fever, cough or difficulty breathing], or if you are feeling generally ill, please do not enter the centre and call us to let us know you will not be attending.
- To limit the number of people within the office at any given time, we ask that you refrain from bringing additional family members/friends to your appointment. Young children may bring one adult with them.
- Please wear a mask or face covering when you enter the ADD Centre. After entering the building through the street door, please use hand sanitizer and wait for staff to sign you in. Our staff will also be wearing face masks.
- You will also receive a consent to treatment form by email. This should be signed and returned to us by email (preferred) or you can drop it off at the office when you arrive for your session. If you do not have a printer at home, please let us know and we can make alternate arrangements for gaining your consent to treatment.
- We are trying to minimize the use of the washrooms within the centre as they are enclosed spaces that require the use of a door handle to enter. We understand that some clients live at a distance and anyone requiring the use of the facilities will be permitted to do so.
Once you have entered the office:
- The ADD Centre staff will ask you to complete a screening questionnaire. This will be completed verbally. The questionnaire will ask you about any recent symptoms you may have experienced and if you have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19. You will be asked these questions at the beginning of each visit. If you have certain critical symptoms, we will advise you to consult with your medical provider. We will not proceed with your appointment until you are cleared by your medical provider.
- Outside jackets, purses, etc should be placed in a large plastic bag when you arrive (we will provide bags) and you may not open the plastic bag again until you leave the office. We strongly encourage you to leave your phones and personal belongings in your cars. We will not allow these items to be placed on the desks.
- If a phone must be brought in, it should be placed in a clean ziplock bag (we will provide you with one) and not removed from the bag until you leave the office (you can still text and talk through the bag if necessary).
- During your session we will do our best to maintain physical distance, however, we will need to assist with placing 19-Channel EEG caps or sensors on the top of your head. This will be done as quickly as possible. For adults and older children, we may ask that you exfoliate your own ears using our prep gel and place the ear sensors on your ears. You will be instructed as to how to do this. Our staff will sit behind and to the right of you to maximize the physical distance between staff and client. The training room doors will remain open at all times to increase air circulation. During testing appointments there may be times when staff will step out of the room and monitor from the doorway. Again, this is for physical distancing and they will still be available to you and monitoring your session/testing.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working with all of you again in a safe environment.
Lynda Thompson, Ph.D., C.Psych.
Andrea Reid-Chung, M.A., C. Psych. Assoc.